Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Zombies Guide
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is finally here, and the zombies game-mode is back! The release of the new game marks the 10th anniversary of the Zombies game mode, and is available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. It looks to be the most exciting Black Ops to date!
So far, three maps have been released on launch, a wide variety of new weapons, plus plenty of hidden easter eggs. If you have purchased the standard copy of the game, three maps will be available to you from the get go: IX, Voyage of Despair, and Blood of the Dead. A fourth map, Classified, is available for players who purchase either the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Season Pass or a special editions of the game.
Some of the new features to the game-mode are quite overwhelming, so we have created for you a free, in-depth, Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Zombies guide:
IX (pronounced Nine) is based in the middle of a gladiator arena. Although this map first appears to be set in broad daylight, after you uncover more of the map, you’ll discover a dark temple and a multitude of underground tunnels.
Classified is only available to players who have purchased the Black Ops pass. The map is a remake of “The Five” map, which was featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops several years ago.
Voyage of Despair
Voyage of Despair is set on a gigantic cruise ship, The Titanic. Being stuck out at sea is the least of your problems, as the ship eventually gets overrun by Zombies.
Blood of the Dead
Blood of the Dead is another Zombies map that is featured in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. It is a remake of the popular map Mob of the Dead from Call of Duty: Black Ops II, featuring the same map, while expanding and adding various playable areas within the map.
The New Perk System
The new Black Ops 4 perk system works differently to any of the other previous Black Ops games. Before starting a match, you have the option to: ‘Create a Class’. Within these classes, you are able to assign your character perks.
Please bare in mind that you don’t automatically start out with these Perks at the beginning of a Black Ops 4 Zombies match, but these are the Perks that are available to obtain whilst playing. There are four options for Perks for each of the classes, we’ve listed the available perks below:
- Timeslip– Your equipments cool-down rate is increased, and the Mystery Box and Pack-a-Punch generated weapons appear faster.
- Quick Revive– Revive players faster. Reduces delay for health generation.
- Death Perception – See nearby enemies through walls, and receive an alert when enemies approach you from offscreen.
- Stamin-Up – Increased movement and sprint speed.
- Electric Burst – Reloading causing an electrical discharge, and the more empty the magazine, the more powerful the burst.
- Dying Wish – Instead of going into a downed mode, you go berserk for 9 seconds, where your melee damage is increased, and you’re left with 1 health point once the period is over.
- Stone Cold Stronghold – Standing still creates a defensive circle which boosts damage and armor over time, while inside.
- Secret Sauce (Level 6) – Receive a random Perk, that isn’t already assigned to another slot
- Victorious Tortoise (Level 14) – Shields block damage from all directions when held, and triggers an explosion when the shield is broken.
- Deadshot Dealer (Level 18) – Aiming down sights snaps to the enemy’s head, and reduces scope sway and recoil from firing from the hip.
- Bandolier Bandit (Level 26) – Carry increased ammunition.
- Winter’s Wail (Level 30) – When hit, generate a frost explosion that freezes or slows down nearby enemies. Holds two charges.
- Mule Kick (Level 38) – Carry one additional primary weapon.
- PHD Soldier (Level 42) – Slide to build up a charge, and when full, slide into an enemy to trigger an explosion.
Black Ops 4 Zombies Characters
There are four main characters in the Black Ops 4 Zombies game-mode. Below, you can find a detailed biography for each of the playable characters in Black Ops 4’s Zombies mode:
“Despite resenting her father and his tireless pursuit of myth and legend, the tech-minded Scarlett Rhodes will stop at nothing to find him when he disappears. All of her rational convictions will be tested on this quest as she witnesses things that science cannot explain.“— Official Biography
“He’s a dazzling spy and a master of seduction. But pray you don’t end up in his sights. Diego Necalli is a ruthless cutthroat. And no clue escapes his keen sense of observation.“— Official Biography
“He turned from a life of violence, but striking blows is what Bruno Delacroix does best. His savage reputation precedes him, but the only reason he’s back is to help the one person who gave him a chance at redemption when no one else would.“— Official Biography
“If you have the cash, master chemist Stanton Shaw has whatever mystical brew you can think of. And he’s tried them all. Multiple times. So his grasp on reality is loose at best. Now that an old friend has gone missing under strange circumstances, his warped psyche may be the perfect asset.“— Official Biography
Black Ops 4 Zombies Single Player
Just like the previous Black Ops, you can play Black Ops 4 Zombies as a single player. Although this time, you have the option of AI bots playing alongside you. This is a new feature for the Call of Duty series, as if you previously wanted to play by yourself, you’d be all alone. This made things difficult, considering a zombie can kill you in 3 single hits – making this a great new addition to the game.